Some of you out there might not be very festie? you may hate big crowds, loud music and food that is hugely unhealthy.
I love them.
Bring on the hordes of strangers who are dying to make friends, bands who just their presence makes you want to dance and roasted corn/jumbo pickles/jerky/chicken fingers.
Stagecoach Country Music Festival was this past weekend in palm springs and it was just as amazing as expected and even better than last year.
Before we got there, I was just like these kids:
Here are the highlights:
- The amazing AirBnB we stayed at. Y’all this is the way to go! I LOVED having our own home to stay in and relax in. It was great. I always suggest this choice for accommodations. If you haven’t been to Palm Springs…GO.
- The #basicbetch festie pictures. Again, feel free to download and hang them above your mantel.
- how little clothing everyone was wearing. In particular the plethora of shirtless men who looked like models. **Take note: most of these men our the country version of a douchebag, so the actual interest level is minimal, but still fun to look at.** And play the game that continued all weekend…”too ripped to be a straight man?”
- Jake Owen, who has gotten even more handsome, thanks to a much need hair cut, since I saw him last summer and who made me want to have a barefoot blue jean night, and Tim McGraw who as per usual makes me proud to be from the south and continues to make DILF an acronym of interest.
- Shamu our Palm Springs Pet.
- One of the worst parts of the drought…late night watering leading to muddy yards, leading to my demise and true filth after slipping in someones yard. No, no one did donuts in your yard, thats just me making a mud angel.
- The longest best out of 5 flip cup game, betting on loser had to roll in the rocks or take a vodka shot. Shots were taken and instead of rolling in the rocks, Zurd climbed on the roof, which was made of rocks…
- Dierks Bently putting on an AMAZING concert and Miranda Lambert being skinny but anti-climactic.
- Hanging out with a D-list celebrity, figuring out they are “famous” for winning the Amazing Race, Family version and getting low on the dance floor only to find out how dweeby he is after googling him the next day. Also, Tommy feels weird as a grown man’s name, just sayin’.
- Eating ALL the food. Roasted corn is life.
- Going to a college tennis tourney, finally learning how score the game and how it works *thanks to my ping-pong knowledge. #GoGauchos
- The Band Perry killing their set and Blake Shelton being so drunk. Also, realizing that I am old because I know his “oldies.”
- Sharing new and old friendships and making new ones of my own.
I am sure there are way more things, but all and all what an AMAZING weekend and I suggest that if you like country music and all things wonderful, then you should hit it up next year.